About Mosquito Magnet®
Narah overseas a company promoted by Anirudh Khaitan, has tied up with Woodstream, the USA for exclusive distributing and selling mosquito magnet appliances all over India.When it comes to mosquito-borne diseases, the world’s attention has been fixated on Zika for the past year. But other diseases like malaria or dengue still threaten more people. This is particularly true in India, a country with a population of 1.2 billion, where the government is struggling to get a handle on the problem.To understand the stakes, look no further than the capital, New Delhi, where this summer an outbreak of chikungunya affected thousands with fever and joint pain. This was soon followed by the seasonal dengue epidemic, a more severe virus that can be fatal.Climate change, rapid urbanization, a growing population and lack of sanitary waste and water disposal are all factors that have allowed dengue and chikungunya to thrive in all around India.In fact WHO rates Dengue is the fastest growing disease in the world.There are many temporary solutions for mosquito relief, from mosquito patches, repellents, fogging, burning coils, etc. But even these measures are temporary in nature and may not work all the time.
What is Mosquito Magnet
Mosquito Magnet® is the leading biting insect trap with over 65% share in the consumer/residential market in the USA and is the only long-term solution that is scientifically proven to effectively reduce mosquitoes and other biting insects. Owned by Woodstream, it is the only long-term solution to eliminate mosquitos from your home.
- First carbon dioxide-based biting insect trap for commercial use
- First propane-powered mosquito trap for consumer use
- Lurex3™, the first and only EPA-approved attractant specifically formulated to capture the invasive Asian Tiger Mosquito, a known carrier of West Nile Virus
- Patented cartridges to gradually release measured amount of attractants, an advanced design to ensure cartridge replacement and propane refilling are synchronized
- Invented the Counterflow technology™, designed to emit a precise amount of carbon dioxide, heat, octenol and humidity, while simultaneously vacuuming insects into a net, taking advantage of the mosquito’s instinct to turn upwards as it approaches the trap
Extensive evidence from independent research studies, as well as data testimonials from the USDA, U.S. Army, Navy and Coast Guard, the Centers for Disease Control, numerous universities and state mosquito control agencies, health departments, and independent nationally-renowned entomologists around the world, have verified the efficacy of the Mosquito Magnet® product.
- Among the efficacy results published in over 36 scientific journals, the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association stated the Mosquito Magnet® captured “significantly greater numbers of mosquitoes” than other commercially available traps tested in the world.
- The Mosquito Magnet® was rated “top choice” for efficacy and ease-of-use by America’s leading consumer testing magazine